Important Information: COVID19 announcement
Tonight the Prime Minister has addressed the nation. Some important points that have come out of tonights announcement:
- Furlough will be extended to December
- Non-essential shops to close.
- Supermarkets will remain open (and you WILL be able to buy non-essential items in supermarkets unlike in Wales).
- Bars and restaurants to close.
- Takeaways and Takeaway services can stay open.
- Single person households will be able to form a bubble with another household.
- Courts will remain open.
- Schools and Universities will remain open.
- Manufacturing and construction businesses can stay open.
- People must work from home where possible.
- International travel will also be banned, unless for work, although Brits abroad will be able to return.
- Overnight stays away from home will be permitted only for work purposes and travel within the UK, unless for work, is discouraged.
- Places of worship will stay open for private prayer but services will be banned.
- Funerals will be limited to close family only.
- The Army has been brought in to work on logistics to help people discover if they are infectious and whether they need to self-isolate to help tackle COVID19.
These measures will come into effect for a month (4 weeks) from Thursday 5th November 2020.
My office will be publishing more information as soon as we can here on my website and on social media.